From full scale kitchen remodeling to more modest renovations, we’ll help you explore all possibilities.
How to Turn Your Unfinished Basement into Usable Space
As your family grows and evolves, you may find yourself looking for ways to use your current living space more creatively, contemplating moving to a larger or more functional home, or considering adding on to your existing home. Before you embark on a more time-consuming, costly adventure, consider investing your resources into a part of your home that is likely to be underutilized and can provide the perfect solution to your need for more space: your unfinished basement.
While it may be hard to envision the dark, damp area beneath your home as a comfortable, functional space, Meridian Construction’s team of experts can show you the way with professional design/build services to take your project from conception to completion.
Call us today at 215-720-1863 to learn more about our exclusive process, or to schedule a consultation for your basement remodel in Montgomery or Bucks County, PA. Contact us online to discuss your project, or let us know how we can help.
Elements of Basement Design
Before you turn your unfinished basement into usable space, there are a number of things to keep in mind as you begin the design process:
- Hire the best. An unfinished basement can conceal any number of problems, from moisture issues to lack of ventilation. Hire an experienced, qualified professional remodeling company that will assess the condition of your basement and develop solutions to eliminate structural and environmental concerns before the finishing work is completed.
- Consider the future. Your family is continuously evolving and considerations should be made for your future needs to avoid further remodeling down the road.
- Make comfort a priority. Spend your money wisely, making sure to address crucial areas such as heat, lighting, and airflow, which can affect your level of comfort and satisfaction.
- Think about resale. If you plan to sell your home within the next few years, be sure to choose neutral finishes and floor coverings to appeal to a wider demographic.
- Get creative! A basement remodel offers endless possibilities. We encourage our clients to bring their wildest ideas to the table so that your new basement suits your needs and personality perfectly.
Basement Remodeling Ideas
Think of your unfinished basement as a blank canvas which can be converted into livable space that your entire family can enjoy. If you can dream it, Meridian can build it, with options that include:
- Children’s play area – Contain the clutter by including storage solutions such as built-in shelving, and allow your children the freedom to move, play, and make noise while your main floor remains organized and quiet.
- Home office – Create a calm, inviting space where you can conduct your business or your kids can complete their homework. Design a custom desk to house your printer, computer, and any other technology (and the wires that come with it).
- Exercise space – Why waste time and money going to a gym when you have usable space in your own home? We can install an equipment-friendly floor tile that won’t tarnish with use, as well as floor-to-ceiling mirrors and soundproof walls so you can blast your favorite work-out jams through your built-in entertainment center.
- Guest quarters – Guests will feel pampered and appreciated in their own suite, complete with bedroom and bathroom, where they can stretch out or sleep late in privacy. This not only allows your friend or family member to unwind in their own space, but also adds incredible value to your home.
- Media room/theater – Encourage family time by watching a favorite movie or a sports game on the big screen. The naturally dark environment of a basement is ideal for this purpose, and soundproofing materials can be used to prevent noise from your sound system from traveling upstairs.
- Wine cellar – For the ultimate luxury, consider installing your own wine cellar, where naturally cooler temperatures provide the ideal environment for wine storage.
Schedule Your Basement Remodel in Bucks County or Montgomery, PA
Since 1989, the team of design/build experts at Meridian Construction has made it our mission to provide the highest quality products and unparalleled services in the BucksMont area. Learn more about our design/build remodeling process here!
Call Meridian today at (215) 720-1863 to get started on your unfinished basement transformation, or contact us online to schedule a consultation.
Our remodeling team can transform your bathroom into a beautiful, highly functional space.
Is your basement exactly the way you want it to be? If not, it may be time to remodel.
Whole HomeWhole Home
We have the capabilities and expertise to handle every aspect of your whole house remodeling project.
From wine storage spaces to basements and attics, we do it all. Let us transform every part of your home.