Our Green Commitment Statement
Meridian Construction is proud to be committed to creating an environmentally-friendly job site and finished project, because we believe it is our social responsibility to both our customers and to ourselves. We want to create homes that are sustainably “green” through design and construction choices, as well as material and product selection.
These choices include but are not limited to:
- Using light and vent fan sensors to ensure energy isn’t being wasted when no one is in the room.
- Keeping the restrictors on your faucets to reduce water flow.
- Installing only ultra-efficient windows and doors, which keep your home more comfortable and reduce energy consumption by up to 20%.
- Using only formaldehyde-free insulation and VOC-free paint.
- Installing radiant floor heating, which requires less energy usage to heat a home simply by making you feel warmer (for example, 65ºF feels like 70ºF).
- Installing soapstone as an energy-efficient and absolutely stunning alternative material for countertops, flooring, or shower surround. Soapstone is still quarried using a very rudimentary method where no chemicals are used and very minimal—if any—deforestation takes place. Meridian Construction is also EPA lead-safe certified.
Perhaps the most valuable way we can deliver an environmentally friendly product is by installing Wellborn cabinets. Wellborn Cabinets, Inc. is a sustainably run company and can be certified under the Forest Stewardship Council’s (FSC) Standard for Chain of Custody Certification. The FSC is an international organization that promotes environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable management of the world’s forests.
When available, Meridian Construction will choose the eco-friendliest option for your project. This may not always be the product marketed with the “green” label, but rather, with thoughtful, sustainable choices which will prove environmentally friendly in the long term. If you are interested, we can provide further information on why each of these products is the “green” choice.
Benefits of Eco-Friendly Home Remodeling
To start, remodeling can be considered an eco-friendly practice in itself, as it is an act of recycling part of your home instead of doing a complete teardown. Following this, there are a number of benefits to making your home remodel “green,” including:
- Increased comfort: Eco-friendly homes have better insulation, indoor air quality, and HVAC, all of which contribute to a more comfortable home environment.
- Decreased energy bills: By opting for energy-efficient appliances and systems, you are likely to see a noticeable decrease in your home’s energy costs.
- Improved resale value: Though you’ll undoubtedly want to enjoy your newly remodeled home for many years before selling, when the time comes to put it on the market, you are likely to enjoy an increased resale value due to the high demand for eco-friendly homes.
Meridian Construction and its employees are held to this environmental commitment, and we will do our best to uphold this standard from start to finish. Please note: some of your specific choices during the selection process will have an effect on the overall environmental impact of this project.
If you are interested in working with a remodeling company in Bucks or Montgomery County that is committed to sustainable home solutions, contact Meridian Construction online today!