From full scale kitchen remodeling to more modest renovations, we’ll help you explore all possibilities.
Whole-House Renovations in Montgomery & Bucks Counties, Pennsylvania
Has your family outgrown your home? Are you tired of the outdated fixtures and poor space planning? A whole-house renovation is the perfect way to help you fall back in love with your Pennsylvania home! Meridian Construction is a full-service design/build home remodeling firm with the capabilities and expertise to handle every aspect of your project.
Schedule a consultation for your whole-home remodel in Montgomery or Bucks County today!
Whole-House Renovation Services in Montgomery County
At Meridian, our job is to transform homes into new spaces that look and live beautifully. By combining our exceptional customer service with efficient and professional construction processes, we are recognized as one of Pennsylvania’s most trusted whole-house remodelers. We’ll discuss your lifestyle, design preferences, and practical needs to ensure we remodel your home to better suit your family’s needs.
Benefits of a Whole-House Renovation
Is renovating your entire house worth it? Consider the benefits and decide for yourself:
- Get the house you love without moving: When you love your home’s idyllic location, renovating is often better than moving. Many of our clients considered moving before they hired us, but they opt for whole-house renovation to get the best of both worlds—a home they love in the perfect location.
- Increase home value: Though you likely want to remain in your home for as long as possible, boosting its value is never a bad thing!
- Fix structural problems: Whole-house renovations aren’t just cosmetic—they also address foundation problems, wood rot, asbestos insulation, and other underlying issues.
What You Might Include in a Whole-House Renovation
Most of our clients who want a whole-house renovation live in an older building that needs interior and exterior updates almost everywhere. The changes you make are up to you, but some possibilities include:
- Remove walls to create an open concept floor plan, and a more cohesive living space
- New ceiling beams or structural columns
- Mechanical upgrades, including electrical, plumbing, and HVAC
- Exterior upgrades, including roofing, siding, windows, and doors
- New flooring, trim, and paint
- Kitchen and bathroom remodels and add-ons
- Mudroom additions and laundry room remodels
- ADA accommodations
Planning Your Whole-House Renovation in Bucks County
Unlike many home remodelers, Meridian de-stresses the process of remodeling your house. Throughout the entire process, you can trust us to be excellent craftsmen and communicators. Here’s what to expect:
- Initial meetings to discuss your goals, tastes, and budget.
- Site evaluation to take measurements and photographs and evaluate the existing site conditions.
- Design kick-off meeting to plan out the initial design.
- Preliminary design to prepare detailed construction plans, including a three-dimensional model.
- Design budget and overview to present the proposal with a write-up of the project overview, budget estimates, a tentative design, and any information you’ve requested from our design/build firm.
- Final design development to modify the plans as specified by you.
- Construction agreement to set a construction schedule that works with your needs, and begin submitting paperwork for the necessary permits.
- Pre-construction meeting to meet with your project manager before any work starts to review the contract, project schedule, rules of your home, and any concerns you may have.
- Construction begins. The work area is sealed off to ensure cleanliness and safety. You will be kept up-to-date on your project in weekly on-site meetings with your project manager and designer.
- Project completion is reached. A final walk-through and “interview” are scheduled to confirm that all promises were delivered. We will provide you with all plans, product warranties, use and care manuals, and any other relevant information.
Renovate Your Montgomery, PA House with Meridian Construction
Expect high value and fair prices when you work with Meridian on your remodeling project. We’re known for delivering whole-house renovations on time, at the exact price points we quoted you at the start. The end result is a skillfully designed “new” home that will look and live beautifully for years to come!
To schedule an initial consultation and begin your whole-house renovation project in Montgomery or Bucks County, please contact Meridian Construction at 215-720-1863 today!
Frequently Asked Questions About Whole-House Renovations
Can I live in my home while it’s being renovated?
The answer to this question depends on the extent of the renovation. If a large enough portion of the house remains untouched, it should be feasible for you and your family to keep living there. However, by its very nature, a whole-house renovation updates over 50% of the living space. In that case, you may find it more comfortable to relocate temporarily while your home is being remodeled.
How long do whole-house renovations take?
The average home renovation takes four to eight months to complete. Of course, smaller projects may go more quickly, while extensive renovations may take longer. The best way to get an accurate estimate is to meet with our design team and discuss your project goals.
What’s the best time of year for a whole-house renovation?
To minimize weather-related delays, you may want to complete your whole-home renovation in the spring or summer. However, since these are the busiest months for construction projects, you may save on materials and labor if you opt for a whole-house renovation during the fall or winter. In the end, the best time to remodel is when it’s most convenient for your schedule.
Is a permit required to complete a whole-house renovation?
Small changes — such as painting, installing countertops and floors, and replacing plumbing fixtures — don’t require a permit. However, any major renovations — such as adding square footage, knocking down walls, and installing pipes or electrical wiring — do require a permit. Skipping this process could complicate a home sale later down the road. Don’t worry: Meridian Construction can handle all the permit applications and other paperwork required for your whole-home renovation.
At Meridian Construction, we are a home remodeling company based in Lansdale, Pennsylvania that proudly services the following areas: Ambler, Blue Bell, Collegeville, Doylestown, Fort Washington, Green Lane, Harleysville, Hatfield, Media, North Wales, Skippack, Willow Grove , and more!
Our remodeling team can transform your bathroom into a beautiful, highly functional space.
Is your basement exactly the way you want it to be? If not, it may be time to remodel.
Whole HomeWhole Home
We have the capabilities and expertise to handle every aspect of your whole house remodeling project.
From wine storage spaces to basements and attics, we do it all. Let us transform every part of your home.